Mulled Christmas Ale
Mulled wine is so last year, get hip with Christmas 2018 by making your festive events zing with this super recipe for mulled Christmas ale. Remember that there are a wide range of IPAs out there so you can personalise this recipe by using your favourite IPA.
660ml IPA - pick your favourite!
6 tbsof honey
2 cinnamon sticks
5 star anise
50g fresh ginger
1/2 tea spoon of cinnamon
A tablespoon of cloves
2 cardamom pods crushed
1 vanilla pod - split
Pinch of salt
1. Pour the ale into a large saucepan on a low heat.
2. Add the ingredients and slowly bring to the boil and simmer gently for a few minutes. Be aware that boiling for too long will burn off some of the alcohol!
3. Leave to stand for 5 minutes and pass through a fine sieve.
4. Serve and enjoy.
5. For a touch of further festive fun, you can frost the edges of the glasses.
6. Place about 1/8 inch of brown sugar with a sprinkle of cinnamon on a small, flat plate and the same depth of orange juice in a small bowl or saucer. Dip the rim of the glass in the orange juice and then place it in the sugar mix - give it a little shake too ensure it is thoroughly coated. Then tap to get rid of any excess.
You can prepare this yummy drink ahead of your guests arriving and simply warm up when you are ready to serve.